Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Always keep your promises.

Well, last week I was finally able to meet with my friend.  I promised her during the beginning of the year that I would do her nails. Unforutnately, things just kept on piling up. I was busy at work, school was hectic (as always), and the worst one; my friend burned her fingers trying to make "flan" (latin dessert). The poor thing, her fingers were wrapped for weeks. I felt so bad.. Well, now that her digits have finally healed, I was able to do the mani I promised.. You know how the saying goes - better late, than never!

So here it is.....

**UPDATE** I uploaded 2 clear pictures of the colors that I used for this mani - please scroll below.



Finger Paints - All you need is color
 

Milani- Very Teal

Base Coat: OPI's - Base Coat - (one coat)
Nail Polishes: Milani's - Very Teal (2 coats), Finger Paints - All you need is color (1 Coat),  Sally Hansen's - Midnight in NY (nail art).
Top Coat: Seche Vite - Fast Drying Top Coat

Nail Art: I took one finger from each hand and decided to make something different, enough so that it would compliment her hand.  A little pzazzas won't hurt anyone, right? lol

Left Finger: Once the nail was dried, I placed one strip of tape on each side of the nail, forming a triangle at the tip.  I painted the tip with Sally's Midnight in NY, then quickly removed both strips. I took the opportunity to add a small gem on the tip of the pyramid, and sealed it with a coat of Seche Vite's (SV) fast drying top coat.

Right Finger: Once the nail was dried, I cut three thin of tapes and layered them one on top of each other. I got this idea from one of my favorite nail polish bloggers: Chloe's Nails. The idea is that the tapes are layered in a way that they resemble rays. You can place them sideways or on the top. I pressed the tape down so that my coat of Midnight in NY won't leak through the mani. Once I applied Midnight in NY, I quickly removed the strips and sealed it with a coat of SV as well.

Have a fierce and fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment