Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ladybugs for good luck!

This mani was done a couple of months ago when I needed to take a break from the books. I was taking 5 classes and I needed some ME time. I had 3 exams the following week, and boy did I need all the luck I could get! My mom always said that if a ladybug lands on you, it's considered  good luck. Keeping this in mind, I decided that I needed tons of luck for my 3 tests, and a ladybug would be the perfect charm if I wanted to ace my exams.

So here is my mani:

What did I use for this mani?

Base Coat: OPI's - Ridge Riller - One Coat
Nail Polishes: OPI's - Off with her Red (Alice in Wonderland collection) - 2 Coats AND Sinful Colors - Black on Black for the nail art.
Top Coat: Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat (I LOVE this stuff!!)

Nail Art: After applying the first coat of Seche Vite, I had to wait at least 10 minutes so that the nail would  be dry.  Once dried, I placed one strip of tape on each side of the nail, forming a triangle at the tip of my nail.  I painted the tip of my nail with Sinful's Black on Black, then quickly removed the strips of tapes. I did the black dots with a toothpick, and I sealed it with a coat of Seche Vite's (SV) fast drying top coat. Voila!

I love SV, it makes your nail polish look so shiny!!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment